The D. Abbott Turner College of Business's business degree programs are professionally accredited through The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. As an accredited member of the AACSB international, our college offers business programs that achieve their distinction for high quality through an interdisciplinary curriculum providing students with a broad understanding of business and its role in society.
Why is AACSB accreditation important?
As a prospective student:
Going to college is a big investment. You are going to spend hours studying, writing papers, and taking exams. You also are going to spend a lot of money. All that work and money should give you what you paid for, right?
Not all schools will provide you a return on your investment. AACSB Accreditation ensures a school isn't just taking your money. AACSB-accredited schools must pass very rigorous quality standards. They have been proven to provide the best in business education worldwide.
- are recognized worldwide by top employers and other universities.
- have employers that only hire their graduates.
- have more access to recruiters.
- have graduates that receive higher, more competitive salaries.
- say being accredited improves the quality of their business programs.
- say being accredited helps them hire and retain the best professors and researchers.
- have students that are more international, have high-graduating GPAs, and are likely to earn higher levels of education.
- are challenging and will teach you the best skills to give you a distinct advantage in the real world.
As an employer:Employers want quality business graduates from quality business schools ... graduates they know will perform on day one. This is why it is so important to choose a business degree program that will teach you the knowledge and skills employers require. Employers know a good business school from one that doesn't produce knowledgeable graduates.
Here are the facts:
- Many top, global corporations only recruit from AACSB-accredited schools.
- AACSB-accredited school graduates are offered better, more competitive salaries.
- Students at AACSB-accredited schools have more employers that are interested in them after graduation.
Companies also have studied the differences between employees who have attended AACSB-accredited business schools and those who have not. For instance, one company found that employees who were educated by non-AACSB-accredited business schools had lower levels of performance. Because of this, the organization now only reimburses tuition from AACSB-accredited business schools.To learn more about AACSB accreditation, please visit their website at www.aacsb.edu/aacsb-accredited.